Re: strange messages to root, possibly SA related?

Gene Heskett wrote:
Oh yeah? That file DID NOT exist until I ran kcron yesterday morning to generate some scheduled work for root.

You don't need to yell at me, Gene. I did a clean install, just like you, and my /etc/crontab looks the way it should.

In fact, kcron crashed the first 2-3 times I ran it because it was missing. I finally touched it, and this was then written by kcron:

kcron wrote the same contents as the default crontab?