Re: [Fedora] Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Kim Lux <lux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Yeah, it must just be me, but here is a THIRTY (3-0) page post of issues
> getting nvidia cards working in Fedora core.
>
> http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99285&page=1&pp=15

Looked though the first page and at least those problems seemed to be
caused by...surprise...SELinux. With SELinux in permissive mode, it might
work better.

> But I guess we better stick to the groupthink that Nvidia drivers are
> just peachy under Linux.
>
> Its much easier to make fun of me than to admit something is less than
> perfect and see if we can do something to improve it.

The Livna package should certainly take SELinux into account, if it does
not already do that. But with SELinux set to permissive mode, it works
fine, at least for me. A suggestion would be to add the required options
for AIGLX/Compiz to the xorg.conf file, but the latest version might
already do that (I installed the nvidia packages while still in the
livna-testing repo).

Regards
Ingemar