Re: ipw3945 compile problems with latest kernel 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6

Mike Cohler wrote:

Now the module at least compiles but I could not get it to run - I will try and fiddle and then post back in a day or so with the error message
but if I try to run the ./load from within the ipw3945-1.1.0 directory
it tried to load and then I see it exiting at one point.  Doing lsmod
does show that the modules are in principle there but the wireless is
not running (according to ifconfig).

Ah steady on, ifconfig is being a bit forward.  If you try an

iwconfig

this will let you know how you stand with even if your wireless interface is down or has no IP assigned.

iwlist wlan0 scan

should let you know what APs are around if your wireless interface is called wlan0

If anyone has a step by step set of changes in order to run either the 1.1.0

Not sure you aren't running...

Also have a look in dmesg, see if there is anything interesting at the end.

-Andy