Re: "authorization icon" gone. How to restore?

Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen wrote:
Hi all,
when running a program from my personal(unpriviledged) gnome desktop that
requires root permission it asks for the root-password. After that the
program starts up and on the gnome pannel a yellow shield appears to
indicate that the session has "temporarily" root-permission. when the icon
is on the pannel all priveledged tasks can be started up without typing the
password. After some time the icon disappears and to perform a priviledged
task the password has to be retyped.
Yesterday I tried to find out if I could manipulate the time the icons stays
"on". I do not know what I did but I succeeded to set this time to zero :
the icon never appears and the root-password has to typed in always.

Questions : How can I get the original behaviour back?
	    How can I change the timespan where you are authorized to perform
	       root-tasks?

"man pam_timestamp" is probably a good starting point.

Paul.