Re: NVIDIA and DKMS

On Tue November 14 2006 7:04 am, Christian Menzel wrote:
> I've installed the ipw3945 and ati-driver (dkms)packages from freshrpms
> and after the 2849-kernel-upgrade both drivers compiled and worked right
> away.
> By now I am very impressed by dkms, don't know whether a 2.6.18 to
> 2.6.19 upgrade would work as well.

I first learned of dkms on the PCLinuxOS list. I still run one PCLinuxOS box
in my workshop. They don't undergo kernel upgrades anywhere near as
frequently as Fedora. But that box has survived a number of them, and after a
year and a half, is still managing to build the needed modules each time.

However, I don't recall whether any of those included a major kernel version
upgrade.
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA