Re: FreeNX on FC6 authentication problem

On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 20:06 +0800, Art Fore wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 04:57 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 18:45 +0800, Art Fore wrote:
> > > I have used FreeNX before on Suse with no problem, but with FCi6, I
> > > cannot get it to authenticate. I followed the instructions at
> > > http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/ssh/, but I still get
> > > that the client closed session with signal 15 and unauthorized user
> > > nx. Also on the client machine, (WinXP) I get Authenticating user nx,
> > > then authentication failed. Why should it be trying to authenticate
> > > user nx and not my user name? Searched config files for something, but
> > > found nothing.
> > ----
> > because when you install freenx on server system, an nx user is
> > automatically created and a key for that nx user is created
> > in /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.pub which is the key that needs to be
> > copied to clients and used in clients.
> >
> > The startup of nxclient first does an ssh connection as user nx using
> > the key (no password) and after the user nx is connected, then the
> > actual user connects via the already established ssh connection and the
> > users login/password.
> >
> > It sounds as if you don't have the nx server properly installed.
> >
> > Craig
>
> I done a yum install freenx which was supposed to have installed
> everything and had it setup according to the web link above. Maybe I
> missed something.
----
My experience is with freenx on CentOS but it should be the same. If I
recall correctly, there were 2 packages that it installed...nx & freenx

on that system then...

grep nx /etc/passwd

is there a user nx?

Perhaps you still need to install the 'nx' package

Craig