Re: Connecting to internet via proxy server for software updater (solved)

On 11/14/06, Vivek J. Patankar <list307@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Art Fore wrote:
> I am new to Fedora and am running FC^I. I need to run the software updater,
> which I guess it yum, but it does not connect. I am on a proxy and have
> configured Firefox for proxy and it works find. How do I configure software
> updater to work with a proxy server? (I downloaded and installed
> connect-proxy rpm, but could find no info on its operation.)

Edit /etc/yum.conf and add "proxy= http://proxyaddr:port/" (without the
quotes) in the [main] section.
If your proxy requires authentication, then you're in for a lot of
trouble as I have never managed to get yum working with an authenticated
proxy.
man yum.conf for more details.

--
Regards