Re: Sun Pours Out Java Cup

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 18:18 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 13 November 2006 14:13, Anne Wilson wrote:
> >On Monday 13 November 2006 19:05, temlakos@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >> Sun did it! They released all versions of Java under GNU GPL v2. Read
> >> this article for the details. Now: what will happen to the GNU
> >> Compiler for Java (gcj)? Will they be able to use Sun's own Java code
> >> to make the project fully compatible with all the Java applications
> >> built with Sun's version? Or will gcj give way completely to the
> >> presently built Java Development Kit? Will a fully Sun-compatible Java
> >> development environment be available for Fedora Core 7? 6?
> >
> >Listen to the next instalment of
> >
> >Dick Barton!  Special Agent.   Dum-de-dum-de...
> >
> >Sorry, couldn't resist.  That's how every episode ended in my childhood.
> >
> >Anne
>
> Yup, just like the old Captain Midnight shows.  Thats what, 65 years ago?
> Sheesh, there I go again, showing my age. :-]

Strange, today I noted a website while looking for pictures of Mr.
Muggs, and found Dvd collections of Captain Midnight, My little Margie,
Amos 'n Andy for fairly large bucks.

I mean who wouldn't want to own their very own Sabre jet to fly out of
their very own mountain top fortress? And to pack a revolver? That was
kinda overkill when you could just swoop down on your enemies from above
and blow 'em to smithereens with the nose cannons. But, that was then,
up close and personal. <cackles> ric