Re: atexit: undefined symbol in 64bit

Steven W. Orr wrote:
You're right. I just assumed that DSOs were capable of being run through nm. I see now that you can't.

Of course they can. You just have to look at the dynamic symbol table by using the -D option.

But, again, this shouldn't be necessary at all. All DSOs should drag in their dependencies automatically. If you are writing code and don't know which library a symbol your code references comes from you have bigger problems. This information is also usually part of the man page.