external SATA (eSATA) - any experiences?

Hello all,

I'm trying to find a reliable solution for external hard drives (non-SCSI because of costs). I tried USB and FireWire and am not impressed by either speed nor reliability. I'm now thinking of using an eSATA solution but I have not hear of any experiences (good or bad). Has anybody tried this? It promises high speed and it looks like it might be as reliable as internal drives.

Please let me know if you heard anything ...

Thanks,
Chris