Re: Nother question, on nfs this time

On Sunday 12 November 2006 16:29, Craig White wrote:
>On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 16:20 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I have not previously used nfs, mainly because I could never get it to
>> work on FC2 and below systems.
>>
>> However I'm now equipt with an FC5 lappy. and this FC6 tower, so its
>> time to see if I can make it work, I have about 10G's of a wedding
>> movie to transfer.
>>
>> I have, using system-config-nfs, set up shares of / with full r/w
>> perms on both machines.
>>
>> Now my question is "how do I mount that share on the other machine?"
>>
>> man nfs somehow isn't leading me down the garden path for this.
>
>----
>I'll pass on going down that road with you again but this is very
>valuable...
>
>http://www.brennan.id.au/

Yes it was, thank you very much, setup one way and the copy's are underway
right now.

The confusion seemed to have been that possibly host lookup wasn't good,
and I finally had to put a * in the allowable address field since this
machines name was given a "no permission" reject.  The manpages don't
make it explicite that the second field is the host TO allow access to.
No idea as to why the name lookup was bad though other than dhcpd didn't
give that machine the same IP as it is in the hosts file.

That site really should be made into a pdf and archived for downloading,
its much better that what I'd found with google.  Thanks again, Craig.

--
Cheers, Gene