how to prevent system to detect new wireless card

I built the module for my wireless card and after that i configured it
and since all worked fine until a new kernel appear. So i rebuild the
wireless module and rebooting the machine the system move my previous
configured card to wlan0.bak and add a new one with defauly feature (ie
dhcp whereas i'm with hard coded ip address)
The question is how to prevent system to detect the new card whereas a
previous one is already well configured ?

Thanks

Eric