Re: Link URL in a received mail in kmail does not open correctly in browser - any solution>

Mike Cohler wrote:

For some time now including in FC5 for a long while there has been an issue
which I have not resolved.  I use Kmail, and if a mail is received that
contains a url and the link is clicked then it will open Konqueror by
default but the location bar shows that it is a kdecache file that
opens and not the original link.

If you change the file associations in the KDE control centre then it will
open a different browser but still with the incorrect address.

Might be worth checking what is in the "Embedded" tab of File Associations as well as the general one. It has KHTML as the top choice on that tab for text/html here and links in Kmail are working.

-Andy