Re: Nvidia sucks, sucks, sucks !

Alan wrote:
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:50:38 -0600

How about one of them was a real-time version of Linux, called Blue Hat?
Marketed by, of all companies, Red Hat. Do you suppose that this is
perhaps somewhat similar to the current topic of discussion?

Not really. I was talking about things that exist.

What on Earth do you mean by that? Are you claiming that I
made up Blue Hat? Or do you refer to the fact that they
no longer market it? (A quick Google didn't turn anything up.)

If the former, then I find that offensive.

I can point you at Linux OS's with a stable binary kABI - they're all
basically Red Hat or SuSE Enterprise Linux products repackaged, because
the work is too hard to do randomly.

Umm, I don't understand what the clause "to do randomly" means.

In any case, a unified approach to driver interface is certainly
possible, and does not stifle kernel development. The fact that
Linus has so far chosen not to do such a thing is not to anyone's
credit.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.