Re: Authentication Hassles With Mac Client & Fedora Samba

I have an iBook G3 laptop, a G4 Mac Mini, and two Windows XP laptops in the house connected just fine to an FC6 Samba share, and did nothing but set up a very generic share. There shouldn't be any problem. Have you checked all the silly stuff, like the capslock/numlock when entering the password? It seems that the system is recognizing that the share exists if the username/password is being asked for. Just make sure when connecting that you are using the format smb://server/share

Are you getting any type of message when it fails, that might give some hint as to what the problem is?

Respectfully,
Jason

Is it, by chance, common knowledge as to what is the problem with
getting a MAc to be able to mount a share?  I have no such difficulty
with the Windows machine in my office - but cannot get the Mac OSX
box past the "Name or Password does not match" error.

Thanks!