Re: Show-stopper for me

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 04:20, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 15:28 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > However, it turns out that even a $70 dollar webcam is, photographicly
> > speaking, a POS.  Color is basicly way off, with no chance of software
> > corrections as the error is in gamma tracking from color to color
>
> I'm not surprised.  That's still damn cheap.  And webcams are generally
> designed to manage to get some sort of picture in bad lighting, rather
> than be very good.  Most are sensitive to IR and UV, so that throws
> colour really out of whack, too.

Tim, I know my Philips webcam was cheap, but it used to work with
GnomeMeeting.  The picture was clear and the colour not too far out.  IIRC
with FC4 I had no problem with the picture either, though I never got the
sound part right.  With FC6 it is unusable.  I don't know whether it's the
webcam or pwc.

Anne