Re: mail server send mail to yahoo bulk folder

Res wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Ed Greshko wrote:
>

>>> Should I ever relocate to Australia I know at least one ISP that I would
>>> avoid like the plague.
>>
>> Also, FWIW, that ISP in Australia only thinks it can't be reached from
>> Taiwan.  Can you say "open proxy"?
>
> 99% of open proxies are in an RBL somewhere so would be rejected anyway
> and most spam engines dont go searching for new open proxies.

You'd be surprised.  You mean your IDS hasn't detected being scanned for
open proxies?  Can you say "wack a mole"?

> Oh and if your avoiding my ISP? You have no idea what it is, you surely
> are not so dumb as to think its this domain are you? I hope not. roflmfao

No.  Why would anyone running an ISP actually use it themselves?  Especially
when their terms & conditions state things like:

 5.  # You accept that our mail servers utilise real-time blackhole lists
(RBL's) and conduct other legitimacy tests to stop and prevent spam and
abusive hosts, and that we from time to time block entire domains or if need
be entire country top level domains or carry out any other filtering actions
we deem necessary to protect our network, and that we conduct anti-virus,
spam and dangerous content detection scanning of all Emails.

* Sure, I would join an ISP that espouses the same ideals/morals that you
have so generously shared with us.

12.  You accept that although we do not as a rule, we do reserve the right
to examine, modify, restrict access to or delete any data stored or passing
through our network.

* Sure, I want to give permission to my ISP snoop at my data.

16.  You agree that you are required to check your primary account Email
regularly, as we use this for administrative purposes and will include
network related advices and accounts information.

* Sure, I agree not to go on vacation or stay out of touch for a period of
time for an undefined "regularly" period.

18.  You agree we reserve the right to enforce additional conditions upon
any client we deem is placing an unfair burden on the network, enforceable
immediately.

* Sure, I agree not to use bittorent to download FC6 or other things for
fear that on a whim I am deemed being "unfair" by unknown parties with
unknown criteria.

--
"The Amiga is the only personal computer where you can run a multitasking
operating system and get realtime performance, out of the box."