Re: Perl & CPAN

On 05/11/06, Dave Mitchell <davem@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 11:52:36AM -0500, Jeffrey Ross wrote:
> just installed FC6 and I'm in the process of installing various PERL
> modules, now whenever I run perl -MCPAN -e shell I get the following:
>
> What did I do wrong?

Nothing. The first time you run CPAN, it asks you for a few settings -
usually you can just accept the defaults.

Note however, that many CPAN modules are already built and available for
use via yum. Uasing yum is the preferred way, since updates are
automatically picked up.

eg

    # yum install 'perl(XML::Parser)'

Yes, at dries repo, there are many pre-built perl modules too
http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/mirrors.html

--
Lear: Dost thou call me fool, boy?
Fool: All thy other titles thou hast given away; that thou wast born with.