Re: nvidia drivers won't build

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 18:08 +0000, Felix Mathais wrote:
> look for autoconf.h and copy or symlink it into
> config.h
>
> Felix
By symlink I'm assuming you mean:

> ln -s autoconf.h config.h

This creates a symbolic link (config.h) pointing to autoconf.h. I did
this but I still could not get the nvidia driver (8776 I believe) from
the Nvidia download site to build, nor could I get nvidia-x11-drv rpm to
build and install. I was able to get the kmod-nvidia (and a related
file) to build and install - but, although it produces an accelerated
display capable of displaying HDTV .ts files, it locks up if you try to
change aspect ratio in mplayer, xine, and kaffeine. I just went to check
the nvidia driver version and sure enough the X11 display locked up.

Rick B.