Re: howto boot with a single gui app as the desktop ?

On Sat, 2006-11-04 at 12:27 +1100, David Timms wrote:
> I would like to configure an fc6 system so that it:
> - logs on without user interaction
> - runs only one application {vnc viewer - which asks for the name of a
> machine to connect to}
> - if the viewer is exited, then vnc viewer should restart, waiting for a
> machine to connect to.
> - has a way to exit the viewer.
>
> I haven't had any luck with searching for "linux single app" and the
> like. What are the technical terms for this sort of configuration ?
>
> Any pointers to information in this area would be very welcome ;)
----
KDE has an auto login feature

It shouldn't be much of an issue to:
- set VNC Viewer app to run at login but that isn't the full solution
that you were looking for...
- have an 'expect' script running at startup that periodically checks if
VNC Viewer app isn't running and start it up automatically

Craig