Re: thunderbird file associations, where to set ?

On Friday 03 November 2006 22:53, taharka wrote:
> Do you have an /etc/mozilla-thunderbird/global-config.js file? If so,
> you should be able to set that file association there.

No, I don't have this file.

I just managed to get it fixed, but this solution is not really what one would
expect from such an application.
I would expect that if the helper can't be opened that thunderbird would ask
me which application I want to use to open the attachment.

I found the mimeTypes.rdf file in my thunderbird directory and it held a
section for the pdf mime type. I deleted that section and when trying the
open the pdf file, thunderbird behaved like I described above.
Now I can chose an application and thunderbird does what I want it to do.

This method is not very obvious for most users I think.

regards,
Marcel