Re: OT: The rubber sword of Damocles

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Andy Green wrote:
Michael Wiktowy wrote:

Just finished watching the Novell/MS press conference and it looks
like MS is trying to spread the software patent bogeyman again (now
that their ploy with SCO isn't quite panning out as they imagined) but
it seems to me due to the complex entanglement of upstream

Complex entanglement of people all based in Utah, too.

contributers, they would have a hard time pursuing any IP rights
against anyone in the Open Source community now ... including Red Hat.

Here's to hoping that Novell is acting in the greater good on the Open
Source community rather than self interests.

Bah everyone is running around trying to screw RHAT at the moment, we are expected to believe that the recent kicks to the belly are not coming from the same foot?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=NOVL&t=3m&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=RHAT,ORA

Oracle is ORCL and not ORA FYI.

Rahul

Indeed. My oversight as well, as I did not notice and just modified the original link. Thanks Rahul.

Here is a corrected link from my post:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?t=2y&s=NOVL&l=off&z=l&q=l&c=RHAT%2CORCL&c=%5EIXIC&c=%5EDJI

Most of my observations still hold, with the exception of course of Oracle, which has seen an upward trend since March of 06.

It further tends to emphasize RHAT's rather substantive growth trend through May of this year.

It still remains to be seen whether the downward pressure since May for RHAT continues or the trend reverses.

Marc