Re: FC6 update mystery

On Fri, 2006-11-03 at 14:46 +0000, Paul Howarth wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > This is actually a yum update and automatic system update feature
> > mystery.
> > I have the same problem on FC6 when I for a yum update of try to doe the
> > automatic system update process. The process fails with a message saying
> > it can't find the dependencies necessary for the upgrade.
> >
> > I have repos for core, extras, updates , development, extras
> > development , dries , livna and livna development defined. If the
> > dependencies don't come through these repos where the &%$*^ are they
> > supposed to come from? Especially when you consider that these are
> > updates that the system is offering me .
>
> If you have development enabled then you are running Rawhide, not FC6.
> Rawhide is expected to be broken from time to time, especially at this
> time of the development cycle.
>
> Paul.

I am sorry I got too frustrated to give all the facts. None of the
development repos are enabled. However right now I have a notice of 17
updates and they will not install because of missing dependencies. Why
are these dependencies just installed?
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
to reform. -- Mark Twain