sound still not waking up from suspend on my Dell Latitude C840

Hi,

I have not had sound wake up from a pm-suspend on my Dell Latitude C840 ever
since FC5. I filed on bugzilla, and after months, I was told that it is an alsa
problem. However, sound works just fine on xubuntu running the same alsa. By
the way, alsa on FC5-6 is outdated anyway, but I don't believe this is the
problem.

Actually, xine has not had sound from the middle of FC4. Mplayer works fine.
Both work as advertised on xubuntu.

I am still trying out the two distributions (FC6 vs xubuntu 6.10) and will
write up my thoughts in a while: I badly want to stick to FC, because I value
the Extras repo and also because I have grown up with FC so I hope this will be
fixed soon.

Best,
Trotter

(http://voice.yahoo.com)