Re: Ctrl-Alt-F7 doesn't restore logged-in X session

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Andre Robatino wrote:
 If I log into X, then go to a virtual console with Ctrl-Alt-F1, then
back to X with Ctrl-Alt-F7, it doesn't restore my session, but puts me
back at the login screen.  I can't find this mentioned in Bugzilla.  Can
anyone else verify this, and which component should I report it under?

Try using Ctrl-Alt-F8 and see if that works. I have not looked into
it, but I have found that sometimes X ends up using VC-8 instead of
VC-7. (Then again, I sometimes have an X server on more then one VC,
depending on what I am doing...)

Mikkel
Doesn't work. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to be using VC-7, since that does at least get back to the X login screen.