Re: Is KDE on Fedora really that bad?

On Thu, 2006-11-02 at 00:37 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> To get back on-topic, the redhat supplied kde parts often leave something
> to be desired.  However, I just installed 3.5.5, complete on the lappy,
> and its working quite well despite RH's obvious disdain for anything kde.
> My questions about its failures as they (RH) installed it on fc2 were
> always met with a "use gnome" attitude and no real answers, so I simply
> bypassed them and did my own, which has worked well for quite some time

I think that attitude will only hurt FC. Gnome plainly reeks, according
to my perspectives.

It was borne from a bunch of Stallman style politics, with the Gnome
crowd being the most vicious I've seen in their attacks in online
forums. THAT turned me off more than anything.

The KDE folks maintained their cool and remained polite. So, it was and
is the humanity of KDE that I appreciate, and shall never ever use Gnome
unless someone figures out how to imprint it onto toilet paper. That's
my two cents; Fedora, dump gnome and get with KDE for real if you guys
really want this Distro to get anyplace. Ric
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net