RE: Memory staying in cached status -- Possible Memory Leak

<quote who="Kaplan, Andrew H.">
> Hi there --
>
> I ran a memtest86+ scan on the box, and there were no errors reported by
> application. At this point it would appear there is a resource hog that
> is causing this issue. What utility can I use to track the usage of the
> various
> programs on the system.
>
> The top utility comes to mind, but what options would I use including the
> ability to output the results to a file?

vmstat with it's sadc (data collector) and sar (reporter).  I'm not sure
if you can get a per process listing but it will save your memory, swap
and CPU usage to a file at set intervals.  Here is a page with some good
information:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/admin-primer/s1-resource-rhlspec.html

believed to be clean.