Re: what partitioning rule am I not aware of?

From: "Tom Horsley" <tomhorsley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:34:02 +0000
Ian Chapman <packages@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

IIRC there is a partition limit of 15 for SCSI devices and something like 63 for IDE devices.

That explains why linux wants everything to look like scsi - its the
worst possible choice! :-).

I could have just fit all the partitions I wanted in if the Windows
installer would have let me make 3 physical partitions, but it just makes
one, then puts the rest in logical partitions, thus using up
two partition table slots with nothing in them. Oh well, I would have
gotten impatient before installing 7 operating systems anyway :-).

(When I tried to make the partitions with fdisk, Windows pukes
and refuses to install - so I had to let Windows do the partitioning).

I want my AmigaDOS back.... It didn't have any of these stupid Linux
limitations like only X number of partitions on a disk. Darned near
EVERYTHING on the Amiga was done with linked lists instead of fixed
size arrays. (Even the partition tables were linked lists.)

{^_^}