Re: can evolution uise firefox?

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 15:02 -0800, rfjones wrote:
> can evolution 2.6.2 on fc5 use firefox as browser when hitting http link
> in mail?
> TIA
> rfjones

Sure thing. This is a per-user desktop preference that you can set for
all applications in your desktop environment. I assume you're using the
default GNOME desktop environment, and that you prefer using a graphical
user interface (GUI) over a command-line interface (CLI, shell, or
terminal).

/****
Click on (panel menu) System -> Preferences -> More Preferences ->
Preferred Applications. Default Web Browser selection should be the
first thing you see at the top of the dialog box.
****/

I'm also assuming that Firefox is indeed installed. If it's not, maybe
that's your problem. You can check this by going into Applications ->
Add/Remove Software. From the list on the left, select Applications.
>From the list on the right, select Graphical Internet, then click the
Optional packages button. You should get a list of applications with
checkboxes on the left, so you can... (drum roll please): Add/Remove
Applications. If your internet connection is slow, you may just want to
download the most current firefox rpm package and install manually.

Hope this helps. Holler if ???s.

- gabriel