Re: bcm43xx wireless stops periodically.

On 10/30/06, David G. Miller <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Arthur Pemberton" <pemboa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10/30/06, Arch Willingham <arch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> I have the exact same problem with FC6 final....had it with FC6 test 3, FC6 test 2 and FC5. All were new installs. When it does it to me, I have to pull the network card out and then put it back in. It also stops the clock on the laptop when it happens? I never mentioned it because I assumed it was unique to this laptop (Dell Inspiron 2200).
>>>
>>> Arch
>>
>You guys are lucky, I can't even get the darn thing to connect to my
>AP. Though the driver seems to be working.

Same here but ndiswrapper works just fine.

When bcm43xx was first released, I chased the problem to a timing issue
between my AP and bcm43xx for authentication.  If I run my AP open (I
know, really bad idea), it connects just fine.  If I use a WEP key,
bcm43xx times-out before the AP responds.

Cheers,
Dave

Exactly what seems to be happening to me. How did you setup
ndiswrapper? I am not really familiar with it.

--
Fedora Core 5 and proud