Re: What is the consensus on the best partition scheme and size?/Keeping home separate

On 30/10/06, Andy Green <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Not having a separate /home partition has the advantage that on a single
storage device, the allocation of storage is automatically optimal
between any directories that need it.  Need to store big video files in
/home all of a sudden?  All you have to worry about is if you have
enough global disc space.  Dealing with changing partition and
filesystem sizes because you guessed wrong what size you needed for what
directory is in no way "much easier" than just saving the file.  But as
you say, each to their own.

-Andy

Actually, inside /home/user I have /home/user/videos which is it's own
partition, that I use to store large files such as videos. This does
take some planning on the part of the user, however.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/xhtml.html
http://gmail-com.com/