Re: FC5 and compiz

On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 21:18 -0500, ethericalzen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:52:43 -0400
> Ric Moore <wayward4now@xxxxxxxxx> took out a #2 pencil and
> scribbled:
>
> > On Fri, 2006-10-27 at 15:01 -0500, ethericalzen@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > <snippage>
> >
> > >  So I suggest you make sure that you log
> > > out and back in to ensure the nvidia module is working before
> > > your start editing things and making back ups.
> >
> > Thanx Alex! You did a great job of breaking it down more. Only
> > prob is that I'm still running FC5. I thought the update of the
> > livna modules was good for FC5 as well. Lonnie said in his post
> > that it was just for FC6. <groans> Is it just a matter of having
> > the FC6 kernel? Or is there a slew of changes making this entire
> > matter moot? Thanx! Ric
> >

> As Lonni helpfully points out and is very very correct, although
> you can get compiz to work with aiglx on FC5, it's much much
> simpler if you move over to FC6. Although I did manage to get FC5
> working with compiz and AIGLX, it wasn't at all stable for me and
> certainly wasn't fun to work on. I highly recommend FC6 for this.
>
> During periods of high activity on my desktop, the mouse seems to
> have a bit of trouble tracking. YMMV, but I thought I'd point that
> out to you. It does look very good though.

OK, I GIVE!! compiz works pretty well on FC5 but there are just enough
annoying jimmies going on that I might as well bite the gosh darn bullet
here. Who would be willing to burn me a good working set and how much??
I don't have that much bandwidth now that I've moved to the kon-trey.
Papadizi blows up now and that just pushed me over the edge. No Papadizi
= No life. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net