Re: Installing FC6 from USB drive

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 18:38 -0400, Terry Polzin wrote:
> On Sunday October 29 2006 16:49, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> > I've heard that FC6 can be installed from a USB drive. The RedHat site
> > that has info on USB install seems to be down. Can anyone explain how to
> > install FC6 from a USB drive? Do I need to remove everything from my USB
> > drive and just put the contents from the DVD iso disc onto the USB drive
> > and change the bios settings to boot from the USB drive?
> >
> > Can I put the DVD iso file on my hard drive and install from there?
> >
> > Rick
> You can install from a USB drive you need expert mode to see the USB devices
> at boot.
>
> Alternatively, you can put the DVD image in a filesystem that will not be
> updated during the install/upgrade process.  You still need to boot from the
> boot.iso or ore of the other images in the image directory on the DVD image.
> Booting from the rescue CD should also work.  At the boot prompt respond "
> linux askmethod"

OK, I loaded the DVD disk contents to the USB hard drive. But I'm
wondinger if I should be copying the iso file itself. When I boot the
DVD iso file, I eventually get to a menu that includes /dev/sda1 and
asks for a directory holding "images". I've tried putting several things
here (like "images") but it reports "Failed to read
directory /tmp/hdimage/images: No such file or directory."

Rick B.