Re: LG M1 Dual Express Laptop

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 11:54 +0200, Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A relative of mine is trying to make the switch to Linux, finally!
>
> He is trying to install Fedora Core 6 on an LG M1 Dual Express
> Laptop.
>
> Installation went OK, but no network connection available. He has a
> DHCP-enabled router - works fine under the other OS....
>
> Any pointers to installation / post installation guides?
>
> Anyone had the experience installing FC6 on any Intel 945BGM - enabled
> laptop?

A wireless lan obviously.
You need to look at the requirements for running that chipset in Linux.
IIRC there is a firmware file that needs to be installed for the driver
to properly access the interface.
I do not use that type device, but you may be able to get the firmware
file by using fwcutter to create it from the windows driver .sys file.
It worked for me with my broadcom adapter.