Strange Compiz problem with FC6 and ATI Radeon Mobility 9200

Hi,

I see a very strange behavior after enabling Desktop Effects (compiz)
in FC6 on a compaq nx7010 laptop with ATI Radeon Mobility 9200 (32 MB
video ram). Desktop effects work  (i.e. windows wobble, workspaces on
a cube) but the desktop background remains dirty after a window was
moved above it. However on the upper left part of the screen (less
than a quarter of the screen resolution) everything works fine.
Maximizing windows will bring them to the size of the portion of the
screen where everything is ok.
You can see screenshots at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/rradutiu/FC6CompizProblem/photo#4990951083014094866
http://picasaweb.google.com/rradutiu/FC6CompizProblem/photo#4990957410232500242

In the second picture you can see the maximum size for the firefox
window under compiz. The screen resolution is 1600x1050 at 24 bit per
pixel. If I decrease the number of colors to 16 bit per pixel the area
of the screen where everything is ok  is about half of the real
resolution (as opposed to less than a quarter of the screen with 24
bits per pixel).

Do you have any idea what is happening or if there is any option that
I can set in xorg.conf to get it right?

Regards,

Radu