autofs not recognizing manual umounts

Hi,

I have just installed FC6 to do some tests with autofs 5 as I need to use direct mounts. The new version works really great. The only thing I figured out so far that does not work fine is, when I umount one of the automounted fs manually.

If I then try to list the contents of that directory it says, that it is empty. As soon as I try to create a file in that directory, it fails and seems to realize, that the directory should be mounted and remounts it, without creating the file though.

Now I have 2 questions:

1. Why is it not remounting the FS when trying an ls on it?

2. Why is it not creating the file after remounting the FS instead of failing first and then doing the mount?

Timo