New FC6 upgrade just displays "grub" -

                       *I just tried an upgrade rather than a complete
                       reformat and install for the first time with
                       Fedora anything.

                       When it booted for the first time it stopped
                       with "grub" printed to the screen and apparently
                       sits there in its editor function waiting for
                       some command.  I don't know what it wants or
                       what to do next.

                       FC6 is installed on an 80g sata drive replacing
                       a working FC5 install.

                       The "rescue disc" is not much help, probably
                       because I don't know the right command?

                       Any suggestions appreciated.

                       Bob Goodwin*