Re: What is the consensus on the best partition scheme and size?/Keeping home separate

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Andy Green wrote:

> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> >   by the way, is there any reason *not* to encourage folks to use LVM
> > rather than simple primary/extended/logical partitions?
>
> If the LVM header area in front of the actual filesystem gets
> damaged, it ain't pretty.

well, yes, there's that, but is the extra flexibility that comes with
logical volumes worth the extra (albeit slight) risk?  i have folks
ask me my opinion occasionally (yeah, that's frightening), and i
typically suggest that it's worth it to use LVM.  but i'm always
willing to listen to dissenting arguments.

rday