Re: FYI: Workaround for today's FC5 baseurl/mirrorlist problems

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
My understanding is that there is an issue today with access to the
mirrorlists used in the fc5 repository definitions.  As a workaround
the cgi mechanism used in fc6 to create mirrorlists has been made
available for fc5 repositories.

If you are having difficult using the default fc5 mirrorlists and are
getting error messages like:
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates

You can use these mirrorlist definitions as a workaround:

[core]
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=core-$releasever&arch=$basearch

[extras]
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=extras-$releasever&arch=$basearch

[updates]
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-$releasever&arch=$basearch

[updates-testing]
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-testing-$releasever&arch=$basearch

Take a look at the frontpage of http://fedorasolved.org for more
detailed instructions on how to make the ncessary changes to the repo
definition files to use these alternative mirrorlist definitions.

-jef"end of transmission"spaleta

Thank you Jef.

I must say that this is a really big piece of shit! Maybe a simple yum update could have solved this problem for thousands of people!!!!!! Maybe?