Re: Bad SATA devices performance

ArcosCom Linux User wrote:
The problem comes when I burn a DVD ISO in a blank DVD.

I lost all my graphical interface to continue working in other aplications
(as firefox, openoffice, thunderbird).

When I say "lost", I want to say that all graphical system (and system
performance) slow down drastically. I notice that "average load" in
"gnome-performance-monitor" goes up, but CPU a bit loaded only.

Any tool, kernel param, or anything that allow me to diagnose and solve
this problem?

My laptop appears to have any intel ¿"ICH"? controller (I don't know at
this moment).

Thanks