Toshiba NVidia X Problem TE2100

When using the latest NVIDIA binary drivers on Fedora Core 5 in conjunction with this notebook (which has an NVIDIA 420 Go card), all I get is a blank screen and complete and utter hard lock.

Reverting back to "nv" makes it run, but I get no good use of the 420 go card.

I've read plenty of posts on the net about people who also have this problem, but cannot solve it.

I'm just asking in case any of you have. It is usable to me, but I cannot understand why it fails so miserably when usually the NVIDIA binary drivers works fine with any NVIDIA card I've thrown at it.

I miss my OpenGL stuff.

Any ideas?

Oh, I have tried removing the dri line as per one suggestion - no difference.

Regards,
Ed.
begin:vcard
fn:Edward Dekkers
n:Dekkers;Edward
org:Triple D Computer Services Pty. Ltd.;Management
adr:;;822 Rowley Road;Oakford;WA;6121;Australia
email;internet:edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Mr.
tel;work:(08) 9397-1040
tel;fax:(08) 9397-0749