Re: Question about screen.

On Monday 23 October 2006 21:30, Ian Chapman wrote:
> Michel Di Croci wrote:
> > I would like to remove the screen saver in Fedora. I have tried to check
> > (no screen saver), no inactivity, but still my screen blanks out after a
> > couple of time. I want my screen become black but not in save mode. I
> > was able to adjust this in Ubuntu and make sure that the screen didn't
> > go in inactive mode, how can I do this in Fedora?
>
> No really sure what you're asking here, but I get the feeling you're
> referring to the monitor going into power saving mode, which you don't
> want.
>
> Find the line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf which looks like this:
> Option     "dpms"
> and either comment it out, or remove it. Then restart X.
> Ian Chapman.

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but if that works you'll get 1st prize for
fix of the year. I've had to suffer my Compaq P700 monitors going into
standby for many months, even years, when I've been trying to concentrate on
reading something, and had no idea how to fix it.

Thanks in advance if this works. As Arnie says "I'll be back" if it don't
work.

Nigel.