Re: FC5 - ISO burning

2006/10/6, Mark Haney <mhaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Paul Smith wrote:
> On 10/6/06, Antonio Montagnani <antonio.montagnani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

> I have given up of using k3b, as very often it works wrongly (many
> wasted disks). The best way is learning how to burn CDs/DVDs with the
> command line. The following site is quite instructive:
>
> http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialCDBurn.html
>
> Now, to solve your particular problem, burn your iso with the command:
>
> cdrecord -v dev=/dev/dvd -data /tmp/cd-iso-image-file.iso
>
> Paul

That's interesting because I've never had a bad disc created by K3b.
Unless of course the media itself was bad, which it wouldn't matter how
you burned it.  k3b has always been rock solid for me no matter what
burner I've used.

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Also for me k3b is rock solid
I think that the problem is connected to burning a bin/cue pair. The
MD5SUM is fine, then I get such an error.
Another comment to burning procedure: it is crazy that I have to
unmount a device if I want to delete a CD/RW: it has to be solved
urgently otherwise people coming from Windows will go back to Windows
(especially non-tech people)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag