Re: No Sectors left of 120GB Drive

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 03:02 -0700, jdow wrote:
> As a side note the partition tables the Amiga had actually could
> support descriptions for nested data partitions quite safely. There
> were "reserved" blocks at the head of a partition and similar reserved
> blocks at the end of a partition space. I explored these possibilities
> as I wrote the partitioning software supplied by a major Amiga hard
> disk controller manufacturer.

And there wasn't any of this primary / extended / logical partitions
inside extended partitions, gobbledygook, either.  It was just
partitions inside the drive.

Speaking of Amigas, have you got Fedora to read any Amiga FFS hard
drives, or even Zip discs?  I've got a hankering to transfer some old
data onto Fedora, and I'd rather not have to try getting Samba working
with Miami over a serial port link.  Ugh, torture!

--
(Currently running FC4, but testing FC5, if that's important.)

I read messages from the public lists.