file image creation failed

Hi,

I was going to extract from a CD, but am getting a dialog window from grip
stating:

No tracks selected.
Rip whole CD?

On the GNOME desktop is an icon for the CD in question.  XMMS is playing
previously extracted mp3's fine.  However, where "is" this CD?  When I
open the file browser I can click on the "computer" icon in the file
browser, which displays several drives, including the disk in question.
However, I can't get the path to that disk out of the GUI file manager
(nautilus?).

>From GNOME, right clicking on the icon gives an option to copy the CD,
where I select to copy it to the desktop.  This gives an error dialog
stating:

File image creation failed
could not run sub process:  Failed to execute child
process "cdrdao" (no such file or directory).

Previously I was using soundjuicer, which worked yesterday, but
inexplicably, not today.  soundjuicer gives an error that:

Error
Soundjuicer could not extract this CD.
Reason:  could not link pipeline.

A data CD, in this case the Fedora rescue CD, can be browsed fine, however.

Furthermore, GNOME isn't having a problem creating a disk image.  So, data
CD's work as expected.

Pardon, not really correct usage of the list, but I gotta go, no time for
googling on this at the moment :(

I want to approach this from the command line, but I don't even know the
path for the CD.

[thufir@arrakis ~]$
[thufir@arrakis ~]$ cat /etc/fstab -n
     1  /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       reiserfs defaults        1 1
     2  LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
     3  devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
     4  tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
     5  proc                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
     6  sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
     7  /dev/hdb3               swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
     8  /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
[thufir@arrakis ~]$
[thufir@arrakis ~]$ date
Wed Oct  4 20:27:41 IST 2006
[thufir@arrakis ~]$