Re: what's the story on mixing yum repos these days?

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 16:50 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, M. Fioretti wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 16:22:21 PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day
> > (rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >
> > > p.s. is there a single online HOWTO for multimedia under fedora
> > > core? sure would be nice if everything related to
> > > multimedia/audio/video was documented in a single place.
> >
> > I've never used it yet, but from the title this seems just the page
> > you're looking for:
> >
> > http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Fedora-Multimedia-Installation-HOWTO/
>
> i've seen that one, it has *some* info but isn't what i would call
> complete.  i also know about this one:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Multimedia
>
> i guess i'm just thinking that, when FC6 finally hits, it would be
> nice to have a single, semi-official source of information, titled
> something like, "so, you just installed FC6 and want to know what to
> do next regarding multimedia."
>
> sort of like that.  :-)

Exactly like that! In plain English, for the complete idiot.

"So, you just installed FC6 with the help of your friends, who wear
their pants up high. Did they show you the mouse? That sorta long round
thing with buttons at the end of a wire? No? They played a trick on
you."

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256