Re: Linux script on Windows to chjange Date and Time

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006, Paul Ward wrote:

We have a test environment using an oracle database on redhat. During
testing we need to wind the clock forward and backwards to ensure that
certain actions are carried out correctly on the dates. It is also
connected to several citrix servers which also have to have the same
time and dates else the applications fail to run.

Currently we are having to do each machine by hand but wish to find a
way to automate this action as it is very repetitive.

AAH!! That makes more sense. First thing that pops into my head is write a
script that runs the date command from one of the Red Hat machines. Then use
ssh to run the command on the rest of the Red Hat boxes.

On the windoze boxes use a login script that syncs the time using the net
time command. Even better install cygwin on the windoze boxes and use the
same script that you use to set the clocks on the Red Hat boxes to set the
clock on the windoze boxes.

If you do it right you should be able to run the script on one of the boxes
and have all of the clocks get set to the time you desire.

All of this is of course totally untested and just random thoughts coming
out of my brain.

HTH

Regards,

--