'kickstarting' a customised install
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: [email protected]
- Subject: 'kickstarting' a customised install
- From: Tom Brown <[email protected]>
- Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:13:46 +0100
- Reply-to: For users of Fedora Core releases <[email protected]>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 (Macintosh/20060909)
Pardon the terminology here but is it possible to take an image of a
currently installed system and then building another machine with
exactly the same setup? A bit like dd'ing the install but having it so
that the partitioning would be more dymanic if you built this image onto
a bigger box or something?
I ask as we have base kickstarts that we then have to 'build' into
different types of systems, be it database, app etc so it would be
really great to snapshot a current system and them deploying this out again.
Is that possible or would it be suggested to add all the required
packages etc in the post of the kickstart?
[Index of Archives]
[Current Fedora Users]