Re: OT: Then and than [WAS: chroot to oldlinux...]

Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 09:36 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

I cannot for the life of me get the hang of "I" after "E", except
after "C", after 56 years of being native born here. Good luck with
this language. If it wasn't for my spell checker I'd look pretty bad.

Maybe you should have learnt it like we did, instead:  I *before* E,
except after C.
As some examples; I believe you should receive some spelling information
that isn't weird, and you shouldn't need to be Einstein to spell. ;-)
Yes, there's a couple of rule breakers in there.  To every rule there is
an exception, except this one...

No exceptions?  Go explain that to some scientists.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce