Re: OT: Then and than [WAS: chroot to oldlinux...]

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 17:17 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 26 September 2006 04:31, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> >
> > In my defense, English is not my primary language
>
> It never ceases to amaze me how well people can communicate about technical
> issues in a language that is not their native language.  Mistakes sometimes,
> yes, but almost always understandable as a whole.  There are many people on
> most lists who *do* have English as their native language, but make as many
> mistakes.
>
> I would feel extremely proud if I could communicate in any language other than
> English to the standard that many second-language people manage here.
>
> Anne
> --

Anne,

As much as I enjoy having my ego stroked (and God knows I do ;)), we (as
in non-English-speaking citizens of the world) all live in an
Internet-connected world that uses English, use computers which prefer
English,  write software in English-based computer language(s) that's
being sold to English speaking customers... we all hear English speaking
music and watch English speaking movies.

In short, whether we like it or not, we require good English skills on a
daily basis.

Never the less, thanks ;)
- Gilboa